The Margaret River & South West WA does everything in monumental style, with world-renowned thundering surf, award-winning wineries, and a display of magnificent wild-flowers that is unrivalled anywhere else on earth. And that’s just for starters. To complement the region’s amazing natural wonders, you’ll also find top-quality restaurants, over 100 local wineries, an abundance of art and culture, and vibrant farmers’ markets. So, what are you waiting for?
Here we’d like to share our top 5 unmissable things to do while on a getaway to Margaret River:
1. The Margaret River & South West offers gourmet delights enough to satiate even the most particular of palates, and you’ll encounter a broad spectrum ranging from cosy cafés and intimate bistros to opulent fine-dining restaurants. Situated in the beautiful Wilyabrup, the award-winning Knee Deep in Margaret River combines a cellar door and sumptuous restaurant, where you’ll find intriguing “trust the chef” menus.
2. The region’s natural wonders are as amazing as they are diverse. Stand above exploding waves crashing over rocks, or gaze out from a vantage point at passing whales. Take a stroll through imposing forests, home to majestic Karri trees and a profusion of wildlife in their natural habitat. Visit one of the area’s legendary deep caves, with stunning stalactites and colossal netherworld rock arrangements. Head a little off the tourist track and don your helmet for the Moondyne Experience.
3. If you like to partake of a little retail therapy, you will be thrilled with the boutiques adorning every corner offering antiques, designer wear, jewellery, arts & crafts and souvenirs to take home. Don’t miss out on the buzzing farmers’ markets; peruse the stalls overflowing with locally-grown produce, delicious home-baked goods and the region’s freshest seafood. For a touch of refinement, pay a visit to Olio Bello who are the proud, award-winning producers of organic olive oil.
4. Margaret River & South East has a collection of passionate artisans, drawing inspiration from the beauty that surrounds them. Wherever you look, you’ll find studios and galleries with talented ceramicists, painters, metal-workers, glass-blowers and photographers. The highly-acclaimed Studio Gallery exhibits the work of an extensive range of artists and is not to be missed.
5. There’s no better way to top of your fantastic holiday to the Margaret River region than by participating in some serious indulgence. To make it easy, you will find a wide range of luxury day spas willing to attend to your every whim. Visit the highly-acclaimed BodyBliss Margaret River where professional and dedicated staff guide you on an incredible, rejuvenating journey.
The exuberance Margaret River & South West imparts is infectious. The region’s seemingly effortless ability to excel at whatever they try their hand at is royally extended to the luxury accommodation available in the region; check out our range of holiday homes & retreats, and spoil yourself.