A new year is almost upon us and, if you’re anything like us, you may have already started thinking about your next family holiday, a romantic escape with your loved one, or a weekend getaway with friends. To help you plan for the year ahead, we’ve created this comprehensive list of the best luxury accommodation and unique escapes across the country.
In each of these wonderful properties, we guarantee a luxurious and indulgent experience and memories that will last a lifetime. From intimate beachside getaways and luxe bush safari camps to luxury private villas and exquisite boutique hotels, our hand-picked collection of the Top 50 Luxury Getaways in Australia in 2018 will truly inspire you.
Couples Retreats & Romantic Getaways
Whether you’re planning to pop the question, celebrate a special anniversary, or perhaps an ultra-special honeymoon, these intimate retreats in picturesque locations around Australia will set the perfect backdrop for your romantic getaway in 2018. Each property is also self-contained, which means that you won’t even need to leave the house during your getaway.
- Kurrajong Retreat, Hepburn Springs, VIC
- The Villas of Byron, Byron Bay, NSW
- Clifftop at Hepburn, Hepburn Springs, VIC
- The Frames, The Riverland, SA
- Cedars Mount View, Hunter Valley, NSW
- Sticky Rice Villas,
- Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat, Tweed Valley, NSW
- The Buckland Luxury Retreat, High Country, VIC
- White Gates Cottage, Dandenong Ranges, VIC
- Banjara Retreat, Blue Mountains, NSW
Read more about the Top 10 Couples Retreats in Australia in 2018.
Holiday Homes & Private Villas
Forget basic holiday rentals – these are the crème de la crème of holiday homes & private villas in Australia. Our exclusive collection includes self-contained, architectural masterpieces that offer the extravagance of a luxury hotel with the comfort of your own home, as well as plenty of space and facilities that will definitely delight every guest.
- Picadilly House, Byron Bay Hinterland, NSW
- South Hampton Luxury Retreat, Mornington Peninsula, VIC
- Racquet Retreat, Sunshine Coast, QLD
- Wolseley House, South Coast, NSW
- Sophie’s Vineyard, Margaret River, WA
- Seidler House, Southern Highlands, NSW
- Wilburra, Kangaroo Valley, NSW
- Cetacean, Sydney’s Northern Beaches, NSW
- Narringa Ridgeview, Byron Bay Hinterland, NSW
- Alinghi Beach House, Central Queensland, QLD
Read more about the Top 10 Holiday Homes & Villas in Australia in 2018.
You won’t find any boring city hotels on this list – instead, we have compiled some of the most exquisite boutique hotels that are suited to both leisure & business travellers. Each of these gorgeous hotels promises the ultimate in relaxation while allowing you to enjoy exceptional food, wine and personalised service at all times.
- Jackalope Hotel, Mornington Peninsula, VIC
- Spicers Potts Point, Sydney, NSW
- Hotel Hotel, Canberra, ACT
- Adelphi Hotel, Melbourne, VIC
- The Old Clare Hotel, Sydney, NSW
- Islington Hotel, Hobart, TAS
- Establishment Hotel, Sydney, NSW
- Spicers Balfour Hotel, Brisbane, QLD
- Mount Lofty House, Adelaide Hills, SA
- Mansion Hotel & Spa, Werribee, VIC
Read more about the Top 10 Boutique Hotels in Australia in 2018.
Luxury Lodges & Resorts
If you’re searching for Australia’s most exclusive resorts and luxury lodges, then look no further, our hand-picked list of the Top 10 Luxury Lodges & Resorts features some of the finest accommodation in the country. Perfect for celebrating a special occasion, indulging in utmost relaxation, and enjoying world-class dining set in stunning locations.
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, Blue Mountains, NSW
- Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island, SA
- Spicers Sangoma Retreat, Blue Mountains, NSW
- Longitude 131°, Red Centre, NT
- Lake House, Daylesford, VIC
- Spicers Peak Lodge, Scenic Rim, QLD
- Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island, NSW
- Pretty Beach House, Central Coast, NSW
- qualia Resort, Hamilton Island, QLD
- Byron at Byron Resort & Spa, Byron Bay, NSW
Read more about the Top 10 Luxury Lodges & Resorts in Australia in 2018.
Tired of the ‘same old, same old’? If you’re looking for something unique and different, then these are the retreats for you. From camping and cruising to shipping containers and luxurious mansions, these one-of-a-kind properties guarantee truly memorable experiences, including plenty of Instagram-worthy photo opportunities.
- Jamala Wildlife Lodge, Canberra, ACT
- Thorngrove Manor, Adelaide Hills, SA
- Sal Salis Ningaloo Reef, Coral Coast, WA
- Campbell Point House, Bellarine Peninsula, VIC
- The Berkeley River Lodge, North West, WA
- Paperbark Camp, South Coast, NSW
- True North, The Kimberley, WA
- Kingsford Homestead, Barossa Valley, SA
- Coastal Pods, Northern Tasmania, TAS
- Bamurru Plains, Top End, NT
Read more about the Top 10 Unique Escapes in Australia in 2018.
ABOUT THE LIST
Published each year, the View Retreats Top 50 Luxury Getaways list is determined through an internal rating system that incorporates website traffic, enquiry, booking, review & feedback data.