With the New Year now upon us, you may well be considering your travel plans for 2015. Whether you’re searching for your next family vacation, a romantic hideaway for two or a fantastic backdrop for an upcoming celebration, we have found the very best luxury accommodation and unique escapes across Australia to bring you the crème de la crème of unique & luxury getaways.
Our hand-picked Top 50 has an escape to suit everyone including secluded cottages, beachfront villas, grand residences, picturesque vineyard lodges and much more.
Whether you’re planning to pop the question, whisk your loved one away for Valentine’s Day or a special birthday or perhaps plan an ultra-special honeymoon, we’ve selected our top 10 romantic getaways that are the perfect luxury retreats for loved up couples.
1. Cottonwood Cottage, North Coast, New South Wales
2. qualia, Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, Queensland
3. Elira 2, Daylesford, Spa Country, Victoria
4. The Vineyard Retreat, McLaren Vale, South Australia
5. Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island, New South Wales
6. The Blackwood Sassafras, Dandenong Ranges, Victoria
7. Pike River Apartment Villas, Riverland, South Australia
8. Silky Oaks Lodge, Daintree Rainforest, Queensland
9. The Buckland Luxury Retreat, High Country, Victoria
10. Polperro Villas, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
NOTE: This list has been updated. See our more recent Top 10 Romantic Getaways in Australia.
Planning a vacation the whole family will enjoy can be a headache to plan which is why its our top priority to provide you with the very best family getaways complete with spacious luxury accommodation and a range of facilities that will keep everyone entertained, so you can have a stress free and relaxing holiday full of lasting memories and an abundance of fun.
1. Gaelforce, Northern Beaches, New South Wales
2. Possum Hill, North Coast, New South Wales
3. The Ocean Retreat, East Coast, Tasmania
4. Sandstonehaven, Great Ocean Road, Victoria
5. Ocean’s Edge, Port Douglas, Queensland
6. Mount Olive, Daylesford, Victoria
7. Broadbeach Luxury Waterfront, Gold Coast, Queensland
8. Port Elliot Beach House, Fleurieu Peninsula, South Australia
9. The Glasshouse, Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, Queensland
10. Roozen Residence, Margaret River, Western Australia
Read more about each of our Top 10 Family Getaways in Australia for 2015.
For those searching for a one-of-a-kind experience, our top 10 unique getaways guarantee a really memorable holiday staying in a luxury accommodation like no other. So if you’re looking for something out of the ordinary, look no further, our collection ranges from secluded treetop hideaways, to clifftop lighthouses, and intimate retreats for two.
1. Wollemi Wilderness Treehouse, Blue Mountains, New South Wales
2. Campbell Point House, Bellarine Peninsula, Victoria
3. Sal Salis, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia
4. The Pole House, Great Ocean Road, Victoria
5. Alkira Rainforest Retreat, Daintree Rainforest, Queensland
6. Longitude 131, Uluru, Northern Territory
7. Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse, North Coast, New South Wales
8. El Questro Homestead, Kimberley, Western Australia
9. Balinese Retreat, Dandenong Ranges, Victoria
10. True North, Kimberley, Western Australia
Read more about each of our Top 10 Unique Getaways in Australia for 2015.
Mark your next special occasion in style and luxury with one of our Top 10 Celebration Getaways hand-picked just for you. Whether its a milestone anniversary, special birthday or your big day, these luxury properties have everything you need to make your special day memorable and enjoyable for all.
1. Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island, South Australia
2. Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa, Blue Mountains, New South Wales
3. Villa Parma, Daylesford, Victoria
4. Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat, Byron Bay & Surrounds, New South Wales
5. Spicers Peak Lodge, Scenic Rim, Queensland
6. Tussie Mussie Vineyard Retreat, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
7. Belle Helena, Byron Bay & Surrounds, New South Wales
8. Sea Farm, Central Coast, New South Wales
9. Inspiration on Wedgetail, Margaret River & South West, Western Australia
10. Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland
Read more about each of our Top 10 Celebration Getaways in Australia for 2015.
Discover our collection of top gourmet getaways that have been carefully chosen to ensure you get the very best gastronomical experiences, including world renowned chefs and sublime seasonal menus paired with only the finest of wines.
1. Kingsford Homestead, Barossa Valley, South Australia
2. Lake House, Daylesford, Victoria
3. Saffire Freycinet, East Coast, Tasmania
4. The Louise, Barossa Valley, South Australia
5. Spicers Tamarind Retreat, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
6. Sangoma Retreat, Blue Mountains, New South Wales
7. Thorn Park by the Vines, Clare Valley, South Australia
8. Shizuka Ryokan, Daylesford, Victoria
9. Bells at Killcare Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, Central Coast, New South Wales
10. Menorca Retreat at Villa Mallorca, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
Read more about each of our Top 10 Gourmet Getaways in Australia for 2015.
Image credit: Tourism Australia