Although there is plenty to see and do during a getaway to the Central Coast, there is definitely a gear change in pace from the hustle and bustle of Sydney, which lies just a short one hour’s drive away. From the culturally-rich, cosmopolitan beach towns sprinkled with great restaurants and aÂ myriad of shopping opportunities, to sprawling national parks, heaving with spellbinding views and wonderful wildlife; the Central Coast has all bases truly covered.Â
Here we offer our list of the top 5 things to experience during your Central Coast holiday:
1. Shopping in the Central Coast region will not leave you disappointed. Pick through the large shopping malls, or saunter among stalls in a beach-side market (for a touch of the exotic, you’ll even find a French country market stocking gourmet delights). There is also a diverse assortment of arts, crafts and home-made produce on offer. For a unique experience, call in on the Distillery Botanica where award-winning, hand-distilled liquor is made using natural ingredients.Â
2. The Central Coast is full to bursting with cultural charm. Visit exhibitions, watch exuberant Mardi Gras and lively festivals, or investigate the wealth of unmissable galleries ranging from state of the art to quaint collections. For the ultimate cultural experience, treat yourself to a fantastic night at the Opera in the Arboretum.
3. An unquestionable lure to the Central Coast is the beaches, catering to all tastes, from bustling resorts to secluded spots, ideal for those enjoying a romantic getaway. Beyond the coastline is an abundance of conservation areas featuring crystal lakes, ruggedly lush landscapes and breath-taking look-outs, plus the chance of getting up close to whales, pelicans and indigenous animals. The Wyrrabalong National Park epitomises the diverse range of natural highlights the region has to offer.
4. One pre-requisite of an ultimate relaxing break away is the obligatory spa treatment. Take your pick from any of the day spas in the Central Coast region, soaking up the beautiful scenery while indulging in a rejuvenating treatment or two. Bells at Killcare offers a wide range of pampering options, including pregnancy or bridal treatments (including her entourage), or more traditional therapies using organic products.
5. Food is something else in the Central Coast, and with farmers markets and local producers Â providing fresh ingredients, a Â high-quality meal is not only welcomed, but expected. The promise Â of good food extends to local cafes serving hearty Â breakfasts, right through to fine dining options Â with a more luxurious feel. Specialising in seafood, and perched in the hills of Â Terrigal, look no Â further than The Cowrie Restaurant.
A trip to the Central Coast is all about relaxation, so why not further that experience by choosing a special place to stay? Take a look at the amazing luxury accommodationÂ in Central Coast NSW.
Main Image Credit: Hamilton Lund, Destination NSW