Being one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in the world, there’s no denying that Australia has plenty of extraordinary and romantic places to delight in. From idyllic beaches and dramatic landscapes to iconic landmarks and vibrant cities, there is definitely something for every kind of couple. In this ultimate honeymoon itinerary, you will discover exciting new ideas to celebrate your love, while staying in stunning luxury hotels & lodges that will allow you to experience the very best of Australia.
If you’re having your honeymoon in Australia, chances are that your point of entry is Sydney, the capital of New South Wales. Admired for its pleasant climate and iconic attractions, Sydney offers plenty of unique and memorable experiences that will make for a perfect honeymoon destination. Nestled in one of the most affluent suburbs is Spicers Potts Point, an intimate boutique hotel that offers a relaxing and peaceful escape for your sweet holiday. Quieter than the city centre but incredibly close to everything, this charming hotel is an ideal base for experiencing everything that Sydney has on offer.
Must Do’s In Sydney
- Wine and dine your way through Sydney’s diverse food scene, enjoy a ten-course degustation menu at Tetsuya’s, or a romantic dinner set against the backdrop of the stunning Sydney Opera House at Aria.
- Witness Sydney’s spectacular skyline from above and fly out to the Blue Mountains for a lunch tour via helicopter.
- Indulge in a private sunset cruise on a luxury yacht around Sydney Harbour.
- Create your own private bridge climb experience on the Sydney Harbour Bridge – add in some yoga, canapés or champagne.(link)
- Hit the high fashion boutiques with your own personal stylist.
Your next destination is Kangaroo Island, which lies approximately 1600 km southwest of Sydney. From Sydney Airport, take a flight to Kingscote. Qantas/ Qantaslink fly to Kingscote via Adelaide.
Fondly known by many as the Galapagos of Australia, Kangaroo Island is filled with pristine wilderness and diverse wildlife. On the island’s southwest coast is Australia’s first true boutique luxury lodge – Southern Ocean Lodge. Floating atop a secluded cliff top with dramatic coastal views, this multi-award winning haven offers a unique and exclusive travel experience that will make your honeymoon truly unforgettable.
Must Do’s On Kangaroo Island
- Explore the island’s unique and natural attractions with Southern Ocean Lodge’s signature itinerary of selected guided excursions.
- KI Food Safari – Once a year, local producers and Australian chefs gather for an amazing week-long event where guests can eat, drink and celebrate the unique flavours of Kangaroo Island.
- Indulge in a ‘Touch of SOL’ couple’s ceremony treatment at the Southern Spa. Experience together a sea salt and native mint back exfoliation, aromatic steam, and a delicate facial treatment using the purest Australian marine essentials.
- Enjoy a unique and thrilling helicopter ride around the west coast of Kangaroo Island.
- Go on a Seal Bay Exclusive Tour – get up close with sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park.
Your next destination is Uluru, which lies approximately 1600 km northwest of Adelaide. Make your way from Kingscote to Adelaide. You can do this either by ferry or by plane. Then fly from Adelaide to Uluru via Alice Springs with Qantas/ Qantaslink.
A quintessential Australian outback experience imbued with history and indigenous culture, a visit to Uluru is definitely one of the must-do experiences on your honeymoon in Australia. Resting at the gateway to the dual World Heritage-listed Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is Longitude 131, a luxurious and romantic eco-camp surrounded by natural beauty and rugged wilderness. This superb boutique resort offers immersion in the Australian outback in exclusive style.
Must Do’s In Uluru
- Uluru Private Tour – Experience the majesty of Uluru in the company of a personal guide while travelling in a luxury 4WD with just you and your partner.
- See Australia’s famous Red Centre – Uluru and Kata Tjuta in the luxury of a helicopter.
- Dine under a glittering canopy of stars and indulge in a sumptuous outback fare complimented with the finest Australian wines at Table 131.
- Go on a guided hike through the classic Uluru base walk and Valley of the Winds circuit at Kata Tjuta.
- Rejuvenate and relax together at the Spa Kinara, a cool sanctuary with a signature menu of treatments that incorporates native beauty products and nutrient-rich Australian desert salts. Spa Kinara’s signature treatment – ‘Dreaming’ is highly recommended.
Your next destination is Lord Howe Island, which lies approximately 2800 km east of Uluru. From Uluru, make your way to Sydney. Virgin Australia offers direct daily flights between Uluru and Sydney. From Sydney Airport fly to Lord Howe Island with Qantas/ Qantaslink.
Lord Howe Island
A tropical paradise with spectacular landscapes and idyllic beaches, Lord Howe Island provides an ideal setting for an intimate and secluded getaway. Here, you and your partner will get to see some of the world’s best day hikes, breathtaking natural attractions, and a diverse range of birds and colourful marine life. Resting atop romantic Lovers Bay on this World Heritage-listed island is Capella Lodge, a luxurious boutique hideaway that boasts mesmerising views of the Tasman Sea and the surrounding mountains.
Must Do’s on Lord Howe Island
- Scuba dive or snorkel with a kaleidoscope of tropical fish and other marine life at the world-famous Ball’s Pyramid.
- Climb together the summit of Mt Gower, rated as one of the world’s best day walks.
- Go on a private glass-bottom cruise around the island.
- Embrace a relaxed way of life with a romantic private barbecue at Ned’s Beach.
- Pamper your body and soul with a 3-hour signature ‘Dreaming’ treatment at the petite Capella Spa – definitely a must-do on your honeymoon!
The ultimate honeymoon itinerary has come to an end. You have experienced some of the best experiences in Australia. Travel back with fond memories of your Australian honeymoon.
If you’re looking for something unique and different for your ultimate celebration, we have handpicked some of the best and most stunning accommodations in the country, including luxury retreats, exclusive lodges, and boutique hotels. Our getaway specialist can also help you plan the perfect honeymoon in Australia and make your fairytale romantic getaway come true. Contact a Getaway Specialist.