As we welcome the arrival of another new year, your thoughts may well be turning to your travel plans for the year ahead. While it might seem a little bit enthusiastic, it’s never too early to start planning your next family holiday or romantic getaway. If you’re reading this, you probably appreciate the finer things in life, which is why our team of Getaway Specialists have scoured the country to bring you the Top 50 Boutique & Luxury Getaways around Australia in 2016.
The cosy cottages, luxury private villas, luxe bush safari camps and exclusive lodges in this year’s list are located in some of Australia’s most beautiful regions, with everything from mountains, rainforests and coral reefs to diverse regional towns brimming with cultural charm, fine dining and superb local wines. So if you’re planning a family holiday, a romantic getaway or a special occasion, we’ve got you covered. In each of these gorgeous properties we guarantee that you’ll experience a life of luxury and leisure from the moment you arrive until the moment you depart.
Our hand picked list of the Top 10 Family Getaways includes some of the best luxury holiday homes and private villas available around Australia in 2016. All of these beautiful properties offer plenty of space and facilities that will delight every member of the family.
1. Seidler House, Southern Highlands, NSW
2. Port Douglas Villa, Port Douglas, QLD
3. The Glasshouse, Hamilton Island, QLD
4. The Ocean Retreat, East Coast, TAS
5. Alinghi Beach House, Central Coast, QLD
6. North Shore, Mornington Peninsula, VIC
7. The Hutt, Sydney & Northern Beaches, NSW
8. Wilderness Rise, South West, WA
9. Byron’s Brae, Byron Bay & Surrounds, NSW
10. The White Beach House, Great Ocean Road, VIC
Read more about the Top 10 Family Getaways in Australia for 2016.
Featuring some of the finest luxury properties in the country, the Top 10 Gourmet Getaways list serves as a bucket-list for diehard foodies. These properties combine the ultimate in boutique accommodation paired with the finest food and wine that Australia has to offer.
1. The Louise, Barossa Valley, SA
2. qualia, Hamilton Island, QLD
3. Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island, SA
4. Pretty Beach House, Central Coast, NSW
5. Kingsford Homestead, Barossa Valley, SA
6. Capella Lodge, Lord Howe Island, NSW
7. Spicers Tamarind Retreat, Sunshine Coast, QLD
8. Silky Oaks Lodge, Port Douglas & the Daintree, QLD
9. Bells at Killcare, Central Coast, NSW
10. Menorca Retreat at Villa Mallorca, Mornington Peninsula, VIC
Read more about the Top 10 Gourmet Getaways in Australia for 2016.
Our list of the Top 10 Unique Getaways includes some of the most extraordinary accommodation and experiences available in Australia. Think fairytale castles, rugged bush luxury camps, intimate romantic retreats and even a lighthouse cottage. These one-of-a-kind properties guarantee lifelong memories and plenty of instagram-worthy photo opportunities.
1. Thorngrove Manor, Adelaide Hills, SA
2. Balinese Retreat, Dandenong Ranges, VIC
3. Sal Salis, Ningaloo Reef, WA
4. Longitude 131, Red Centre, NT
5. Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse, North Coast, NSW
6. Berkeley River Lodge, Kimberley Coast, WA
7. Bamurru Plains, Top End, NT
8. Arkaba Homestead, Flinders Ranges, SA
9. Wildman Wilderness Lodge, Top End, NT
10. Angel Wing, Blue Mountains, NSW
Read more about the Top 10 Unique Getaways in Australia for 2016.
If you’re looking for a romantic weekend getaway or an indulgent couples retreat then look no further – we’ve compiled the Top 10 Romantic Getaways available across Australia in 2016. Our team has hand picked the most beautiful and intimate retreats located in stunning regional locations so that you can relax and romance that special someone.
1. The Buckland Luxury Retreat, High Country, VIC
2. Bedarra Island Villa, Cairns & Barrier Reef, QLD
3. Thalia Haven, East Coast, TAS
4. Cottonwood Cottage, North Coast, NSW
5. Topham House, Daylesford, VIC
6. Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat, Tweed Valley, NSW
7. Spindrift Beach Retreat, Mornington Peninsula, VIC
8. White Gates Cottage, Dandenong Ranges, VIC
9. The Frames, Riverland, SA
10. Botanica Editions, Yarra Valley, VIC
Read more about the Top 10 Romantic Getaways in Australia in 2016.
If you’re planning a wedding or special event in 2016, you’ll love the Top 10 Celebration Getaways featuring some of the finest boutique event venues around the country. Celebrate in luxury and style surrounded by some of Australia’s finest landscapes.
1. Campbell Point House, Bellarine Peninsula, VIC
2. The Cassowary, Port Douglas, QLD
3. Spicers Peak Lodge, Scenic Rim, QLD
4. R&R Ranch, Byron Bay Hinterland, NSW
5. Beechmont Garden Retreat, Dandenong Ranges, VIC
6. Inspiration on Wedgetail, Eagle Bay, WA
7. Woodbridge on the Derwent, Southern Tasmania, TAS
8. Pike River Luxury Villas, Riverland, SA
9. Villa Parma, Daylesford, VIC
10. Spicers Vineyards Estate, Hunter Valley, NSW
Read more about the Top 10 Celebration Getaways in Australia for 2016.